Course Description:

This course discusses the reading process and the factors that influence its development, the role of assessment to inform and adapt literacy instruction, the evaluation and use of formal and informal assessment tools for individual learners and groups of students, and the interpretation and communication of assessment results. A 30-hour practicum is required.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

I can't think of a clever title right now...

My big victory this week was getting my "speedy mumbler" to speak loudly enough to be recorded. Score! I will be grateful when this running record business is over.

I think that in order to keep my sanity, I keep looking at these final assignments as a series of baby steps. The case study as a whole kind of frightens me, but a couple of paragraphs on background followed by a couple of paragraphs on previous testing, etc...seems like a much friendlier assignment. It's all about the self delusion at this point.

As for the reading, I have absolutely no frame of reference for what was discussed in the Gillet this week except for my daughter. She is in some of these early reading stages and I always get a little giddy when I see something that she is currently doing. However, my husband doesn't quite understand when I get all excited about her early signs of Transitional Alphabetic Reading. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment