Course Description:

This course discusses the reading process and the factors that influence its development, the role of assessment to inform and adapt literacy instruction, the evaluation and use of formal and informal assessment tools for individual learners and groups of students, and the interpretation and communication of assessment results. A 30-hour practicum is required.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

DONE!

Another fun week of learning how to give assessments. As I've read Clay and the "how-to", the number crunching, etc. I've been asking myself how her assessment stacks up in the education world. Next week, we'll look at other assessment tools and critique one and then decide if we would recommend it or not. It would be fun to do Clay's.

I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone analyzed their running records. I went back and looked at the livebinder material and then looked again at the running records I took and felt that it will take a few of these to see if I'm coming to valid conclusions. Listening to other people in our class discussing their thinking will also help to solidify the connections and the decisions we need to make to best support the student. One thing I noticed is if we do this with fidelity, then the outcomes will be more meaningful and helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment