Course Description:

This course discusses the reading process and the factors that influence its development, the role of assessment to inform and adapt literacy instruction, the evaluation and use of formal and informal assessment tools for individual learners and groups of students, and the interpretation and communication of assessment results. A 30-hour practicum is required.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Clay's Survey


This week as I was putting together my observation survey for one child, I kept thinking about how much time it takes to assess one single student and how much time it would take to assess an entire class. I continued through the process, doing every subtest as I was supposed to, then I prepared the summary sheet and gathered all the different scores and stanines. When I was finished I was quite happy and felt like I had a very comprehensive look at the child. Reporting all the scores at the end was very easy and I was reminded why it is so important to take good notes on each test as you go along. I am sure many of the little things I observed would have been lost somewhere in my memory if I hadn’t notated each one as I went along. I would definitely use this in my classroom in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment