Course Description:

This course discusses the reading process and the factors that influence its development, the role of assessment to inform and adapt literacy instruction, the evaluation and use of formal and informal assessment tools for individual learners and groups of students, and the interpretation and communication of assessment results. A 30-hour practicum is required.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

#4

Finally able to post- not sure why it is not letting me do this at school....
as i read all the chapters this week and was trying to complete 3 running records and one msv analysis... I asked myself- why do people do these. I do a giant amount of paperwork each day for students on IEP's- which consists of many QRI/IRI/reading assessments but the running record is a whole new level. It was painful to complete and 3 times was murderous. I have tons of respect for teachers that do these throughout the year or on a regular basis. Don't get me wrong- the information is great, but trying to remember what each mark means as a kids read 120 words per minute is a tad difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment